AWS Lambda Invoke Action
Run AWS Lambda function completely serverless via Thingsup IoT Platform.
This provides a way to invode AWS Lambda function. Before adding AWS lambda Invoke Action, user has to define a AWS Connection. User need to provide following parameters to invoke AWS Lambda Function.
- AWS Lambda function name which can be specified as below
- Function name - my-function (name-only), my-function:v1 (with alias).
- Function ARN - arn:aws:lambda:us-west-2:123456789012:function:my-function.
- Partial ARN - 123456789012:function:my-function.
In case of RequestResponse, Action will wait till Lambda function execution is completed. Event invocation type will complete action immediately, without waiting for Lambda response.
- "payload" object coming from rule or action trigger is available in this code, function can be used to modify payload before sending to lambda.
payload["speed"] = (payload.speed*5)/18;
//Convert data on the go from km/hr to m/s.
User need to provide a Connection ID of AWS connection.
Add AWS Lambda Invoke Action
Please note the following points:
- "payload" object is supplied from Action Trigger like Rules, Action Command etc.
- Data Response of Lambda execution will be available as Action Response.